Quality Assurance Advice
Want to take the next step in your quality assurance career? The cover letter examples below can help you get started. Choose from multiple designs and use the pre-written text as a starting point for building your quality assurance cover letter. Don’t wait any longer to get on the path toward the job you want. Click on any of these cover letter examples now.
Cover Letter Tips for Quality Assurance
If you’re aiming for jobs as a Quality Assurance, taking certain actions can optimize your search.
1. Keep yourself informed on what’s going on in your industry. Read career resources such as professional journals so that you can be prepared to discuss what’s happening in interviews and be able to onboard quickly once you’re hired.
2. Attend job fairs. These can be a great resource to get in touch with new contacts and potential employers.
3. Assess your strengths and areas that could use some growth. This can help you hone in on positions you would be great at, and also help you maximize the otherwise unstructured time you may have.
4. Consider freelance or contract work during your pursuit of something long term. These opportunities can bring in some income as well as help you keep your skills up to date.
5. Be persistent. Follow up on all job leads and don’t give up until someone has told you no” definitively.
Quality Assurance Job Seeking Tips
A professional cover letter that competently markets your skills and experience is key to landing interviews for the best jobs as a Quality Assurance. No matter what positions you’re applying for, or what field you’re in, some do’s and don’ts generally apply across the board.
1. Do be thoughtful about the contact information you include. These days it’s common for jobseekers to have a single phone number, one email address, a website address/URL if applicable, and the city and state only.
2. Don’t include salary requirements on a cover letter. This information can be discussed at a later point.
3. Do take advantage of online resources. There are countless avenues for cover letter writing help available.
4. Do make sure you’ve checked and double-checked for typos, misspellings and grammatical errors. You might be surprised how often these come up.
5. Don’t omit location information for past jobs (state and city). This should always be included, but jobseekers often leave it out.
Resumes & Interviews >> Browse Articles >> Cover Letter Help
5 Cover Letters That Worked
The Success Story
The following candidate was looking for a Quality Assurance job in the video game industry. Thanks to his cover letter, he got himself an interview (and the job!).
Notice how he uses the second paragraph to elaborate on his passion for the video game industry, and then offers a couple of brief anecdotes to illustrate that passion. He doesn’t just repeat his resume word-for-word — in fact, he even states that he’s about to share some new information.
He also injects a bit of lighthearted humor into the letter towards the end, giving the employer an idea of how he might fit in with the organization. You don’t want to overdo it with humor, but showing a bit of personality here and there can help set you apart from the crowd.
Dear Hiring Manager,
I saw your job posting for a video game QA position and it caught my interest. My goal is to pursue a career in video game design and my research shows that a QA position is the logical entry-level position.
The enclosed resume details my background but what you won’t see on that resume are my strong analytical skills and passion for video games.
I see the world through a design lens: when traveling in Japan, I met a number of Japanese businessmen. We could not converse due to the language barrier but instead, communicated through a series of video games. Throughout my days, I come across things and can see them as the root of a video game. A recent trip to an older post office had me visualizing a zombie attack. (I actually forgot to mail my letter.) I even create games in my spare time.
I would love the chance to discuss this opportunity with you. tops my list of target employers as it is known as the organization for design and the ability to market the games.
I will plan to call you on November 3rd to follow up. In the interim, my contact information is listed below.