Surgical Tech Cover Letter
Surgical Techs assist surgeons during medical procedures and are also responsible for preparations. Eligible candidates hold an Associate’s Degree in surgical technology. Typical job duties of a Surgical Tech include: disinfecting and preparing equipment, replenishing disinfecting solutions, preparing patients for surgery, positioning patients on the operating table, passing equipment and sterile materials, helping to dress wounds, and transporting patients back to their rooms.
Based on our selection of cover letter samples for Surgical Tech, essential job qualifications include:
- Surgical technology expertise
- Medical teamwork
- Reliability and integrity
- Bedside manners
- Observation spirit and attention to details
- Effective communication
- Infection control knowledge
- Organization and time management
Those interested in a Surgical Tech job can check relevant skills and abilities in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Surgical Tech Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Thompson:
When I learned of your posting for a Surgical Tech, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an educated and skilled surgical technologist with six years of experience ensuring the proper use and maintenance of surgical equipment before, during, and after surgery, I will make a significant impact as a member of your team.
My background includes experience assisting surgeons, surgical assistants, nurses, and anesthesiologists during medical procedures. From performing all facets of CST work to ensuring accuracy and sharp attention to detail, I have the skill set and the drive to excel in this role. Furthermore, I possess excellent team collaboration and communication skills, along with a proven dedication to providing optimal patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Serving as a Surgical Technologist in an externship role in 110+ surgeries encompassing General, OB/GYN, Orthopedic, Labor & Delivery, Urology, Neurology, and ENT.
- Facilitating seamless surgical procedures by preparing rooms, sterilizing instruments, inspecting and testing equipment, draping/gowning/gloving, anticipating surgeon and staff needs, and coordinating after-care tasks.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to foster a cohesive and collaborative team environment and maintain healthy relationships with surgeons, peers, and administrative staff.
- Receiving distinction as a multiple “Employee of the Month” in 2013, 2014, and 2016.
- Earning a Certificate in Surgical Technology from Mesa Community College.
With my solid knowledge of surgical technologist responsibilities, along with my commitment to superior patient care, I am prepared to exceed your expectations in this challenging role and I look forward to discussing the position in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Michael W. Fitzpatrick
Sample Cover letter for Surgical Tech
It is essential to understand the importance of cover letter for Surgical Tech in order to stand yourself different from other candidates. These days writing cover letter are in fashion and people writing attractive letter are successfully getting good job.
(Write your name and address)
3375 Confederate Drive
(Write Employer’s name and address)
369 Clinton Street
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
As mentioned in the Simply Hired about the vacancy for Surgical Tech I am keen to work with your company, FirstEnergy Corp. at Syracuse. I think I can cope up with the educational requirement mainly because of the work experience that I possess.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Surgical tech-maintained sterile work field in OR. Assist surgeons with sterile instruments and kept accurate counts on surgical supplies/instruments.
- Surgical Tech-Maintain sterile work field and keep accurate counts in OR while anticipating needs of surgeon during case.
- Ensure counts are correct before, during and after cases to ensure patient safety.
- Travel Surgical Tech- Maintain sterile work field.
- Performs surgical procedures with attending physician.
- Keep accurate count of sponges, needles, blades and provide patient safety.
- Surgical Tech- Assist the physician needs.
- Maintain sterile work field to ensure patients safety.
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
I believe that I would add value to your team and make significant contribution to your company. I look forward to you for arranging the interview. Please feel free to contact me any at above telephone number or e-mail me at email address mentioned in my resume.
Filed Under: Cover Letter